about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
5.15.2007,5/15/2007 08:53:00 AM
Some People....
[Getting On Soapbox]

Yesterday I was listening to my co-worker's radio, and the Emergency Broadcast System was activated.

When I was little, I remember asking my Mom what the Emergency Broadcast System was for, and she told me that it was "to warn us if the Russians were dropping a nuclear bomb on us." I don't know if that was true, but even now, I still get nervous when I hear it activated. Silly, I know. Thanks, Mom!

Anyway, I digress.

Nowadays, when the Emergency Broadcast System is activated, it is usually to notify the public of an Amber Alert, as was the case yesterday afternoon.

Apparently, two little girls were reported missing yesterday. The last time they were seen was on Friday night, when they went to the mall with their step-uncle. Because of his past behavior, it was believed that this step-uncle was very dangerous and the little girls could be in trouble.

How awful!

But, then I started thinking. For one thing, I heard this on Monday afternoon. These girls had been missing SINCE FRIDAY NIGHT. Why in the hell were you waiting until Monday to report these girls missing? And another thing--if this step-uncle's past behavior was so bad, why in the hell were the girls with him in the first place? If they were at the mall with him, then it seems to me that the parent or whoever the caregiver was let the girls go off with this step-uncle.

Luckily, the Amber Alert was cancelled later that day and the girls were safe. I'm still dumbfounded, though, that these little girls were with the step-uncle in the first place if his past behavior was so bad.

Okay, I'm finished now.

[/Getting On Soapbox]
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->