about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
6.04.2007,6/04/2007 08:57:00 PM
Strangeness
Tonight, I decided to make hummus for dinner. As I opened the cans of chickpeas to rinse and drain, the new kitty started going CRAZY. She was right by my feet the entire time, meowing loudly.

I thought, "Maybe she wants a treat," so I threw the treat bag to DH and he tried to distract her with yummy treats. No luck.

I put more food in the food bowl, but alas, it was to no avail. I kept thinking, "Surely she doesn't want a chickpea!"

I took a still-whole chickpea out of the food processor and set it on the floor in front of the girl, who promptly gobbled it up.

I stood there in shock watching her eat it, then politely ask for another one. I complied.

Of course, BlackJack and Kino were all, "Hey, whatcha got there?" They tried to hone in on her bounty, but the minute they sniffed it, they turned up their noses.

Who ever heard of a cat eating a chickpea??? Cat owners, do your furry children like to eat strange things? What are they?

BTW, the hummus turned out divinely. I served it sprinkled with paprika and drizzled with olive oil, and scooped up the creamy goodness with flatbread. Yum!!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->