about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
6.20.2007,6/20/2007 12:00:00 AM
True Confessions: Part One of Many......
For Christmas, I received the book No One Cares What you Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for your Blog. One writing prompt talks about 'fessing up to your failures--what are you bad at? I figured, what the hell, I'll give it a go. I guess one failure is the fact that I've had this book for six damn months and have been too lazy to even use one of the prompt ideas.

All right, then. Number One on Bdogg's list of Things She's Bad at (in no particular order): I'm laaaaaazy. Actually. I have to rethink that, because I'm very good at being lazy. The laziness itself is the bad thing.

My house is in a pretty constant state of disarray. I have this HUGE closet, and you know where most of my clothes are located? In a pile on the dresser. How f-ed up is that? DH and I root through the pile every morning, find what we want to wear, and throw it in the dryer. I try my hardest NOT to iron. Ever. The tried-and-true wet washcloth thrown in the dryer with the clothes works just fine for me, thankyouverymuch.

For the most part, the kitchen countertops are semi-clean. But we always have dishes in the sink. I have a really nice Calphalon pan that I cooked a stir fry in a while back and it scorched. Thinking, "I'll let the scorched bits soak," I ran water in it with every intention of scrubbing the black off the bottom of the pan. To my benefit, I did rinse off all remnants of the stir fry. I'm not THAT much of a slob, people.

But that pan? Still sitting in the sink. I got about 75% of the scorchiness off, but that last 25% I just can't seem to scrub off, no matter how much elbow grease I put into it. Not that I put that much effort into it. Because I'm laaaaaaazy.

We've been living in this house since mid-February, and I still haven't unpacked my books. The only reason I even found the book I mentioned above is because I was relocating boxes that we weren't using to various closets in an unfinished attempt to get the 2nd guest room put together, and this book was in a box I randomly opened. I think part of the reason I haven't unpacked the books is because our office still has work that needs to be done, like laying down wood flooring that's still at my parents' house in Houston, and I really hate our Target bookcases and want to construct some built-ins, but, honestly, I don't think that will ever happen, because I'm too damn lazy to get up off my ass and DO something! So what do you think? Should I just go ahead and unpack the books, or wait? I really don't know of anything I need in the boxes--I check out library books with abandon, and I still have at least 10 Sunfire romance novels to read that didn't get packed up. That should tide me over, right?

Do other people live this way, or is it just me? I know that Poppy is messy because she told me(and I believe her,) but I have gone through life with people saying, "Yeah, I'm messy too," and their idea of messy is one sock on the floor. And the funny thing is, I don't WANT to be messy! I want a clean, orderly house. But I can't do it.

Because I'm lazy.

One confession down. Five gazillion to go. : )

Labels:

posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->