about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
7.14.2007,7/14/2007 08:35:00 PM
New Toys, and Other Stuff too...
Happy Weekend, everyone!

I got my hair cut today at 11:45, and was so excited about it that I woke up at 7am and couldn't get back to sleep. So, I got all of my grocery shopping done by 10am today. I'm a FIEND!

Anyway, for the past few months my hair has just hung, lifeless, on my head. I needed a change, and had been debating on what to do for the past couple of weeks when my boss suggested the salon she goes to which isn't far from where I live. So, I made an appointment and am now sporting a long-layered bob, chin-length, with sideswept bangs. I'm very pleased. :) Of course, the getting up at 7am was negated by the fact that when I got home around 2, I ended up going to sleep for four hours.
**************************

Tonight DH and I went out to eat Vietnamese food, at this noodle house nearby, and as we were coming back, a cop pulled out of the police station and drove alongside us for a bit, then sped off. When we came up to the stoplight, we noticed that he was stopped about 20 feet away from the car in front of him, and we thought that was odd. Just then, another cop pulled up behind the one next to us, and they both pulled in front of us, flipped their lights on, and pulled over this ratty old Saturn. Intrigued, we turned right, and watched, incredulous, as FIVE police cars surrounded this Saturn, which, when we drove by, had a couple of teenage boys in it. Interesting, no? I wonder what it was that these kids were doing that warranted five police cars to surround them? Must be a slow night...
********************************************

After months of cajoling, DH finally talked me into agreeing to buy new laptops. So, we are both owners of the new Dell Inspiron laptops. Mine is a 1420 with a chocolate brown cover, and his is the 1720--this sucker is so big that in addition to the keyboard, it even has the number pad. I have to say that even though the price tag was rather high for my taste, I am pleased with the new toy. It even has a built-in webcam! I just have to learn how to use it.
********************************************

Has anyone else gone to see the new HP movie? I thought it was very good, and plan on seeing it again, this time at the IMAX, where the final battle scene is in 3-D. I can't wait!!!

Have a lovely rest of the weekend, everyone! :)
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->