about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
7.01.2007,7/01/2007 11:07:00 AM
Sunday Tidbits!
In an attempt to get the nasty stains out of my beautiful porcelain sink, I have filled one side of it with scalding hot water and added a cup of bleach. That's a lot of bleach, but the Flylady said to use a cup! Oh wait, maybe she said a cap of bleach. It is the same first and last letter, with one vowel change in the middle. Oops. My sink is looking quite angry at the moment.
********

I've decided to poach eggs for brunch this morning and do a kind of Eggs Benedict, but without the hollandaise sauce. While searching the Internets to see how long eggs need to poach, I put "pooching an egg" in the Google Search Box instead of "poaching an egg." Is that a Freudian slip of some sort?
********

I'm watching Weird Science on HBO. It's seriously one of my favorite 80's movies. The guy who plays Wyatt is Ilan Mitchell-Smith, who incidentally was an English grad student and TA at the college I attended. By the time I graduated he was a full-fledged professor, with a PhD in Medieval History or something like that--one of my favorite subjects! Anyway, I always wanted to have him as a prof for one of my classes, just so I could go up to him and say, "How about a nice, greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray?" (a line from the movie) I probably would have gotten failed right on the spot, as he doesn't like to have his past movie career brought up, but it would have been worth it.
*********

On the menu for tonight's dinner is pot roast, made in the crockpot. We've had problems with pot roasts before, the meat never getting tender enough, and a co-worker told me her secret recipe. If it works, I will be super happy. If not, I'm never making a roast again.


Okay, my egg pooching liquid is simmering, so I must go! (yes, that was intentional)
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->