about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
8.20.2007,8/20/2007 06:47:00 PM
More Lovely Food Photography
At work, I've become like this dessert diva. Whenever anyone has a birthday, I offer to make them their favorite dessert. A couple of months ago it was Italian Cream Cupcakes. Tomorrow, I will be getting up at the crack of dawn (well, more like 5:30) to make a peach cobbler for one of my colleagues. I will try to take photos, but more than likely I will forget. It's gonna be 5:30, people. In the morning.

Tonight I was at Kroger buying the stuff for said peach cobbler, and when I got home learned from DH that he was going to go play poker with his buddies tonight. Luckily, he had already prepared two chicken tenders in the broiler for my dinner (really, broiling from frozen is the ONLY way to go--they're so juicy!) so I threw together one of my staple meals, flatbread chicken nachos. It's super easy and tastes oh-so-good. Not the lowest Points meal, though, hanging in around 11, but I usually like to save my big meal for the end of the day anyway, so I have no problems with this. Here's the recipe if you're interested:

Flatbread Chicken Nachos

Points: 11

2 skinless chicken breast tenderloins, cooked and seasoned however you like
1 piece flatbread, toasted
1 Tbs. roasted red pepper hummus
1 Tbs. canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 oz. low fat shredded Mexican cneese
1/2 of a small avocado (if you don't like avocado, you can omit it and add an extra tablespoon each of the hummus and beans--I wanted to try something different tonight)
Diced red onion, tomato, and salsa for garnish

Toast the flatbread under the broiler until crispy, and spread with the hummus. Top with black beans, sliced chicken, and cheese, and put back in the oven at around 350 degrees until the cheese melts and all the ingredients warm through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with avocado, onion, and salsa, and canned jalapenos if you wish.

Really, the possibilities are endless for toppings on this bad boy. Play around and find a combination you like! Yummy!


And, a closeup.


And I still have enough Points left over for some ice cream! I love this Weight Watchers stuff!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->