about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
8.18.2007,8/18/2007 01:10:00 PM
Saturdays.....
Since I started Weight Watchers, I noticed that I don't eat as much on the weekends as I do during the week. Usually, during the week, I use up all or the majority of my Points, but on the weekends I almost always have at least 10 to burn by the end of the day, and that's after I've eaten all my meals and such. Maybe I'm not as bored at home as I am at work, and I don't think about food as much? Who knows...one reason is that I usually wake up later on the weekends as well, and usually don't eat my first meal until around 11.

About a month ago, DH and I got new laptops. I am now the proud owner of one of the new Dell Inspiron laptops that you can order in different colors--mine is chocolate brown, and oh-so-chic. It totally matches the decor of our house! I also got the matching Belkin Cushtop lapdesk, also in chocolate brown--hey, I have to be color coordinated! So, where I used to use the kitchen table exclusively for my surfing, I now can surf from the comfort of the couch and not have my legs get all hot. I'm so spoiled...

This new laptop has a webcam built in (that I've used exactly once, and have no idea how to use properly,) and an SD Card reader, which makes uploading photos from my digital camera to my computer so much easier. So easy, in fact, that I was able to cook a delicious egg dish and it took me less than a minute to upload it to my laptop so I can share it with you guys!

I was going to make eggs on the stove, but at the last minute decided to pour the lot into my Corningware mini oval dish and bake it in the oven. Here's what I came up with:

Spinach and Cheese Baked Eggs
(only 5 Points!)

3/4 cup of Egg Beaters
1/4 cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
Spray of Olive Oil Cooking Spray

Spray the dish with the cooking spray, and layer the spinach on the bottom. Sprinkle nutmeg on top of the spinach, season with salt and pepper, and top with half of the cheese. Then, pour the egg beaters on top of the spinach and cheese mixture, use more salt and pepper if desired, and top with the remaining cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, checking after the first 15 minutes or so.

Doesn't it look yummy? It sure tasted yummy....


Of course, being a girl who can't get enough spicy food, I liberally splashed Tabasco on top. No egg dish is complete without Tabasco!!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->