about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
9.24.2007,9/24/2007 09:26:00 PM
Happy Accidents
I haven't had my hair cut for a few months now, and I'm one of those people who starts to go a little crazy if my thick hair starts hanging in my face. I prefer my hair short, but with my weight gain the past few years I always felt a bit self-conscious showing off my face with shorter hair.

Losing 20+ lbs is a real confidence booster, let me tell you! Yesterday, finally unable to stand the hair hanging listlessly around my face, I made an appointment at the salon in the mall.

Another funny thing is, I can't stick to a hairdresser for very long, for some reason. I'll go to one for a few months, get bored, and then move along to another one. Until yesterday.....

I was scheduled to have my haircut by a lady named K, and when I went with the shampoo girl she said, "So, you're getting your hair cut by D..." I was momentarily confused, but I went with it anyway, thinking that maybe K was running late and they re-scheduled me with someone else. No biggie, right?

Well, I sit in D's chair, and we hit it off immediately. I showed her the haircut I wanted, and at that time the shampoo girl came up and said, "OMG, I'm sorry, but I misread your ticket, and you're supposed to be with K after all," whose chair was right next to D's. I was really bummed about it, since I liked D so much, and replied, "Well, can I stay with D if she doesn't have any bookings?" Turns out she didn't, and not only did I get a kick-ass haircut (will post pics soon,) I got to know a really cool person too.
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->