about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
10.21.2007,10/21/2007 05:53:00 PM
Weight Loss Update
I realized earlier today that I haven't been updating everyone as regularly as I should about my Weight Watchers progress. As if you are all dying to know..... :)

So, Poppy's visit last week triggered a week of what I like to call "food debauchery," but all in all, my weight didn't seem to go up, which was good. So far, I've lost a total of 29 lbs. It seems completely crazy to me that I've lost that much weight. Twenty-nine pounds! I've gone down a size in everything, and things that I haven't been able to wear in three years suddenly fit now. What's even more amazing to me is the fact that my boobs are a lot smaller, too. I've gone down two cup sizes, and can finally wear cute bras in colors in other than white, black, or ivory.

I have had a little bit of help with my weight loss besides Weight Watchers, though. For the past three months, I've been on birth control pills again. Because of the havoc that PCOS wreaked on my body - the weight gain, mood swings, acne, high blood pressure, you all remember me talking about that - DH and I decided that it was more important for me to try to reach a healthy weight than to try to get pregnant right now.

And, since I've been back on the Pill, I have seen some dramatic changes. Not only has my skin cleared up considerably, the weight just seems to come off so much easier than before. Funny, huh, how most people gain weight when they're on the Pill, but I lose weight.....

So, for the moment, trying for a little McGee is on hold. Who knows, maybe once I reach my goal weight, I'll get pregnant right away. But, in the event that it doesn't happen, we're okay with that too.
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->