about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
11.21.2007,11/21/2007 09:43:00 PM
Musings...
I just love the holidays, don't you? But, I especially love the day before a holiday, because we usually get out at noon. A half day off from work....pure heaven.

So to celebrate the half day, I went shopping at the mall to cross some more gifts off my list. I have almost completed my goal of finishing my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving - I have 7 more gifts to buy, thank you Amazon! I think I'll call it a day, and pat myself on the back for buying most of them early.

Anyhoo, while I was shopping, I decided to see if there was anything in the stores that I might want to wear to our Christmas party that, I am planning, and nearly started crying in the store. You want to know why?

Because, for the first time in 4 years, I can actually fit into Misses sizes. Granted, it's the largest size in the Misses department, but oh holy Jesus, I can actually fit into clothes in the non-Plus size section! I ended up buying a black skirt at JC Penney, that, upon further inspection at home, realized it was too big.

In case you're wondering, I've lost 32 lbs so far. For the first time in 4 years, I weigh less than 200 lbs. (YIPPEE!!!!!!)

Because said skirt was too large, DH and I went back to the mall after going out for dinner, and wouldn't you know it, I forgot the damn skirt. Sigh. No matter, because I ended up buying the cutest, sweetest pair of shoes on the entire planet. Wanna see a picture?


They called out to me in the store, and I just HAD to try them on. The minute they were placed on my feet, I knew I was in love.

So, now I'm going to have to plan an outfit for the Christmas party around these shoes. I'm thinking of getting another black pencil skirt, pairing it with a lovely ivory sweater, and topping it off with these fabulous shoes.

What do y'all think??

Wishing all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving! Eat lots of good stuff!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->