about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
12.21.2007,12/21/2007 09:39:00 PM
Christmastime is Here...
Well, everyone, can you believe another Christmas is here?

Tomorrow morning, at the butt crack of dawn, DH and I will be driving to H-town. This year will probably be the last one for a while that we'll all be together, because my next-to-oldest brother lives with his wife and their baby girl in Boston, my oldest brother and his family soon be traveling to Kuwait for a few years so he can help build an oil refinery, and well, for purely selfish reasons, DH and I will be spending next Christmas in either New York or London.

So, we're packing up a mountain of presents, our XBOX 360 and Wii, laptops and Guitar Hero III to travel the 283 miles to Houston. (DH remarked that we're taking more electronics than clothes!) Tomorrow evening the family will congregate to have photographs taken by a professional photographer, the first photos in forever, it seems, and Sunday we'll be spending time with Ashley Beth and her husband Russ, my friend Mrs. W and her husband, and if we can swing it, attend the Festivus bash with the McCormicks and crew. All in all, a busy few days, but most likely a happy one, and it's times like this that make me wish I didn't live so far away from most of my friends and family. It makes me appreciate it all the more, though, when I do get to spend time with them.

If I don't get to post until after Christmas, I want to wish all of my lovely friends in the blogosphere a very Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, and I want you to all know how grateful I am to know you. If you're traveling, have a safe journey, and enjoy your time with your family and friends--I know I will!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->