about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
12.04.2007,12/04/2007 10:14:00 PM
Totally Drank the Kool-Aid
So, this past weekend we were in Lubbock, celebrating the holidays early with my dad and stepmom. While we were there, we went shopping, and DH picked up a used wireless Guitar Hero controller at GameStop for $39. Last night, for the first time in many, many months, I joined DH in front of the game room television and played bass to his lead guitar.

Needless to say, I'm hooked. I always had this secret dream, a dream of playing bass in a band. From my years of harmonizing in a choral setting, it makes perfect sense that I'd be into playing bass. Well, to me at least. Initially I resisted playing Guitar Hero, because I seriously sucked the first time I played it, and if I can't do something perfect the first time, I tend to resist trying it again. Silly, I know, but it's just what I do.....

Tonight at about 8 pm, I say to DH, "Can we play Guitar Hero?" to which he replied, "How about I go get Guitar Hero III?" I agreed, he ran out to GameStop, and I just finished playing eleven songs as Midori, the cute little Harajuku-style chick. My fingers hurt now, and I had to stop before I ended up playing until 2 am.

So how about y'all? I know Miss Poppy has rapidly become a convert, but has anyone else drank the Kool-Aid?

I'm off to bed before I change my mind and start playing again....

G'night!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->