about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
1.08.2008,1/08/2008 11:38:00 AM
Randomosity
Things started off so well to the New Year. Until I got the damn stomach bug that's been going around my office.

Went home yesterday at 2:30 and pretty much stayed on the couch for the rest of the evening, tried to go to bed but promptly got back up at midnight and hung out on the couch until about 3 am.

Needless to say, I called in sick today. I've been feasting on tea, toast, and 7Up. It's been fabulous. :) Hopefully, though, this will speed up the weight loss! My weigh in after the holidays revealed I'd gained four pounds, which was not good. I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about it, though, but I discovered that going back on plan after you've been more or less off of it for a month is very difficult!! Eeeeek!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There have been a rash of break-ins and robberies around my area the past few weeks. In fact, one of my coworkers suffered a break in about a week before Christmas - they took everything, including the safe with their tax information, etc. The only thing they didn't take, much to my coworker's chagrin, was his big, old television. According to our local paper, a man was robbed at gunpoint in his alley while going into his garage one night, and another family was robbed at gunpoint in the middle of the day in their house. It's beginning to make me pretty paranoid...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This past weekend DH and I got on an organization kick and we finally got our laundry off the top of the dresser and the floor, in addition to filling four trash bags with clothes we no longer want/no longer fit. It is very strange to go into our bedroom and not have to step over piles of laundry.

The Christmas decorations also came down, and our family room looks so empty now without the Christmas tree. I do like getting back to normal, though. Even though the holidays are great, they always seem to make me feel off, somehow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And lastly, before I go back to the couch, I got this meme from Poppy and Sour, who got it from Sybil. The directions are over at her blog if you want to participate.

THE MONTHLY FLAVORS, WHICH ARE YOU?

JANUARY:
Stubborn and hard-hearted.
Yep. I know I can be stubborn, but hard hearted? I'm mostly a softie, but if you irritate me long enough, it usually takes an act of god for you to come back into my good graces.

Ambitious and serious.
Not ambitious in the least. I am pretty serious, though.

Loves to teach and be taught.
I don't think I'd make a good teacher because I tend to lose patience with those who ask the same question overandoverandover, but I love to learn new things.

Always looking at people's flaws and weaknesses.
Not always.....

Likes to criticize.
God, this makes me sound like an awful bitch, doesn't it? I think I'm mostly critical of myself.

Hardworking and productive.
If I enjoy doing something, I throw myself into it.

Smart, neat and organized.
Neat and organized? Ha! See what I wrote above about all our clothes on the floor.

Sensitive and has deep thoughts.
Sometimes I think I'm TOO sensitive. :) My thoughts, they are deep.

Knows how to make others happy.
I'm a nurturer. In fact, in some circles I'm known as "Mom."

Quiet unless excited or tensed.
Right on.

Rather reserved.
It depends on who I'm with...

Highly attentive.
Yep.

Resistant to illnesses but prone to colds.
Ha! I get just about every damn bug that comes my way. Damn weak immune system.

Romantic but has difficulties expressing love.
I have no difficulties expressing love, especially for DH, but we're not particularly romantic.

Loves children.
I like kids when they're not running around screaming unsupervised in stores.ol. :)

Loyal.
Extremely...

Has great social abilities yet easily jealous.
I have no problems talking to people. Prone to jealousy? You bet. I suppose my eyes are green for a reason.

Very stubborn and money cautious.
Didn't we establish my stubbornness earlier? Now you have to call me very stubborn? Sheesh! As for being money cautious--well, I like having things that are well made, like handbags, but will scoff at spending more than $30 on a pair of shoes. It's a strange paradox...
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->