about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
1.22.2008,1/22/2008 07:59:00 AM
Sheesh
Okay, so yesterday I went to the doctor for a follow up for some medication she's put me on - essentially, about two months ago, we discovered that I was suffering from hypothyroidism, and she put me on medication for that, and we've been trying to regulate my blood pressure again. Even though I've lost 30 lbs, I'm still having trouble keeping my blood pressure in a normal range.

But that's another story.

So I went into the doctor, and they took my BP and temperature. My BP was 150/100 and I was running 100 degree fever. They asked me if I was feeling all right, and I mentioned that I had been having a pain in my right side that started that morning.

My doctor mashed on me and all that stuff and told me, "I'm sending you to the hospital. I think you have appendicitis."

Great.....

I called DH, who was on his way home, and he ran home, packed me a bag just in case, and met me at the hospital. I was privileged enough to drink that great barium crap, and had a CT scan with an IV.

The technician summarily dismissed me around 8 pm last night saying, "You can go, your doctor will call you in the morning." Um, okay, but what's going on, then?

This morning I woke up with pain and fever, still, and had to call the doctor myself. Three times. I finally got through to her medical assistant, who is kind of a bitch, and she said that I'm supposed to watch it for the next 24-48 hours, and if the pain persists, they'll put me on an antibiotic. Fabulous.

And I found out a little while ago about Heath Ledger. Such a shame. I feel for his daughter and his family.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it, and I'm going to go back to the couch, because it still bugs me to sit up for any length of time. :)
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->