about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
2.22.2008,2/22/2008 10:54:00 AM
I Swear there's Something in the Water...
My work life has been extremely busy as of late. As I write this, four requests for proposals have come through the pipeline, and I just finished a proposal offering our services to a small town near Weatherford.

Let me tell you all about it.

I busted my ass trying to get the proposal finished, packed up, and shipped to reach the city by the deadline, but after checking the next day, discovered that Fed Ex wasn't guaranteeing delivery until 4:30 pm. The submission deadline was 2 pm. Frantic, I re-bound 9 proposals and prepared to make the hour and a half drive to hand-deliver them when one of our Ft. Worth office people, who happened to be in our office that day, generously offered to deliver them for me. Phew.

He called at 1:20 to tell me the proposals were hand-delivered.

Fed Ex sent me an e-mail confirming delivery of the proposals I'd done the night before at 1:30.

Son of a bitch.

But that wasn't the original intent of this post, merely a side story to reiterate how busy I've been as of late.

While I was frantically getting the proposals done, I took a short break to check Gmail. My friend Krissypoo had sent me an e-mail, asking me if I had finished reading the book she sent me for my birthday. Happy to receive an e-mail from her, I replied that I'd read a few pages, and asked how her Valentine's Day trip to Tahoe had been.

She replied a few minutes later and I was skimming her e-mail (I WAS busy, mind you) filled with chatter about the glories of Tahoe, and skimmed over a sentence that ended with "I'm knocked up."

"That's nice," I thought to myself, and went back to finishing up the proposal.

About three seconds later a little light bulb went off over my head and I went, "Wait a minute..." and read the e-mail again. Same sentence.

I immediately replied to the extent of SHUT UP! ARE YOU SERIOUS?? I'M CALLING YOU AS SOON AS I FINISH THIS PROPOSAL!

She was serious.

My very good friend Krissypoo has a bun in the oven. And I couldn't be happier for her.

Congratulations!!

Seriously, though, what IS in the water these days???
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->