about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
3.06.2008,3/06/2008 04:10:00 PM
March Madness
And I'm not talking about basketball...

If I am not mistaken, today is March 6th. I live in Dallas, where our winter weather this year has been very mild, to say the least.

But what do you know? Monday night we got snow, and today? Yup. More snow. Four to six inches in places.

Granted, the 2 inches that we got earlier in the week had melted by midday the following day, but today we've been getting these huge clumpy flakes. I even shot a video of it, if you don't believe me.

(Okay - I was originally going to put a video of the snow up here, but I didn't like the way it turned out, so here's a cute video of Joey playing with a toy instead.)


Yes, I know, I know. The snow we're getting ain't shit compared to what all of you up north have gotten this winter, but you know what? We don't get this all the time, so it's a novelty for us. Shut up. :)

While I was filming the snow, I thought I'd treat you to a picture of the bookcases we installed recently. For a year the study was a cat room filled with boxes of books stacked on a desk, and now, nothing but prettiness.

Because of said snow and freezing conditions my office closed early. I got home around 1:45 to see that Kino had knocked over the nice French press we got for Christmas and broken glass and coffee grounds were everywhere. (Didn't have time to clean them out this morning.) I cursed God who made this evil creature, picked up the big pieces of glass, and obsessively swept, vacuumed, then mopped the kitchen floor. Right about that time DH came home, as I was putting the mop away. That man has all the luck.

Oh, now, one last picture. Of moi. Because even though my weight loss has stalled at around 35 lbs. due to lack of exercise and, well, let's face it, laziness, I'm still one hot chick.


Bye for now!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->