about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
3.13.2008,3/13/2008 07:45:00 PM
No More Jell-O for a bit
Hi all!

The colonoscopy went fine. They all say the prep is the worst part, and I am inclined to agree. However, the prep wasn't as awful as everyone made it out to be, but I think that is because I got the new-fangled prep liquid where I only had to drink 2 liters instead of a gallon, which used to be the norm.

BUT...(no pun intended)

I have to say, if any of you ever have to have a colonoscopy in the future, to please remember to pick up Preparation H wipes or Tucks. Do not, I repeat DO NOT think that the Cottonelle wipes will suffice. Things get a little, um, raw down there, and the Cottonelle wipes tend to burn quite a lot. That's all I'll say about that, though.

We got there right on time yesterday morning, and the IV went very smoothly--they let me have it in my arm instead of my hand, and I hardly felt a thing. DH stayed with me until they wheeled me to the room where the procedure would be done, and the doctor discussed the procedure and, after all of my questions were answered, they gave me the happy juice and I drifted off to oblivion.

I assume about 5 minutes before the procedure was over, I came to, but didn't feel anything, and was able to see my insides on the 42" flat screen monitor right in front of me. From then on, things kind of happened in bursts of memory: the next thing I remember is being in the recovery room, drinking juice and holding DH's hand, and after that I was getting dressed and the nurse was walking me out to the car.

Things were coming more into focus by this time, so DH, wonderful man that he is, took me to Pancake House and filled me up with eggs and pancakes, and then I went home, fell into bed, and woke up at 4:30 yesterday afternoon. I slept ALL DAY LONG.

The doctor said I had a "pristine colon," and although I'm glad that they didn't find anything unusual, I'm also a bit disappointed that she can't explain the pain I'm having. Sigh. But, I have one more test on the 21st, to check my gallbladder, and maybe I can get some answers by that route.

I don't think I'll be eating any more Jell-O for a while, though.
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->