about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
4.23.2008,4/23/2008 04:47:00 PM
Back from Outer Space
Wow - I haven't posted in FOREVER! Work has been very busy lately, and it seems like it never stops. Add to that the fact that my blogging opportunities at work have dropped sharply (they monitor just about everything here,) and, well, I'm just not as verbose as I used to be.

Last Friday I had an endoscopy, which is just like a colonoscopy except the camera goes down your throat instead of up your, well, you remember my talking about that, don't you? Right before the procedure I mentioned to my doctor that I was fearful of waking up during the procedure like I did during the colonoscopy, and she said, "Oh, we'll hook you up."

And boy, did she! Holy crap, I was practically comatose! I vaguely remember sipping on juice or something, and I think my doctor was talking to me at some point, and how I got dressed God only knows, because the next thing I remember the nurse was LEADING me to the car because I couldn't walk on my own. DH was quite amused at that, apparently. We stopped at the drive thru on the way home, and after eating my cheeseburger and tots, I promptly fell into bed and slept for the next seven hours, only to wake, eat dinner, watch Battlestar Galactica, and go back to bed, where I slept soundly until 7:30 am feeling MARVELOUS.

The rest of the weekend was quite productive, since I usually sleep my Saturdays away on the couch. Well, I'd already done that the day before, so DH and I did laundry and shopped for groceries - it was great, actually!

My doctor called me yesterday and told me that she didn't see anything in my stomach that would explain the pain I've been having, so she is pretty confident that it is my gallbladder that's bothering me and has been all along, so she referred me to a surgeon, and I have an appointment on Tuesday to discuss having it out. The thing is, though, with my schedule at work being so busy (I'm attending three tradeshows in the next two months,) I doubt I'll be able to have it out until July, but I can wait. I'll probably have it out the week of July 4th so I can have the long weekend to recuperate. What a way to spend a holiday, huh?

I'll keep everyone posted, I promise!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->