about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
6.22.2008,6/22/2008 08:48:00 PM
Cats - 0, Humans - 1
Our bedroom furniture belonged to DH during his bachelor days. Medium-brown wood, done in the mission style, it is really well made and for the past nearly five (damn!) years it has served us well.

There's one problem, though. The headboard is a ledge of sorts, and this perch is something that the cats just LOVE to jump on at 5am, 6am, 7am, pretty much when they want to drive us out of bed to give them food/attention/what-have-you.

And it drives me up the f-ing wall. You wanna know why? Because I can't count how many times I've been sleeping peacefully, ensconced in a fabulous dream, only to have a damn furry body slip off the headboard right onto my head.

Since new bedroom furniture is not very high on the list of priorities (need to put back moolah for my surgery a week from Wednesday as well as our Christmas trip to NYC, and then we want to upgrade our appliances, etc. etc. etc,) DH and I devised a simple plan to deter the cats from their favorite morning perch.



Painter's tape. Turned inside out to expose the sticky side. After we put it on the headboard, BlackJack, ever the curious bastard, promptly jumped up on the ledge to see what was going on, and proceeded to freak out at the stickiness assaulting his paws.

That was a couple of weeks ago, and so far, no morning headboard hijinks from the cats. Every once in a while Joey contemplates jumping on it, but one touch of his paws to that tape and he decides it isn't worth it.

Sure the tape isn't very attractive, but I don't care since I can now sleep peacefully at night.

However, if you're interested in a well-made mission style bedroom set, please let me know - I'm more than happy to give you a good deal!!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->