about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
7.01.2008,7/01/2008 09:57:00 PM
American Girls and Gallbladders
Last weekend, my sister-in-law came up and took her daughter and son (my niece and nephew) and their cousin to the American Girl Cafe. Now, I know you're wondering why my nephew came too, but that was because his dad is in Korea preparing for the family to move there at the end of the month, so he was kind of stuck doing all the girly stuff.

I got one of the very first American Girl dolls, Kirsten, when it was still called Pleasant Company and before Mattel bought the company out and kind of sullied the brand, in my mind, but I have to say I got suckered in, and had a fabulous time. I even brought my doll and got her hair done back to its original style, and we all had a lovely lunch - here's a pic of the afternoon--you can see the rest of the set here:


Later on that afternoon we went to see Wall-E for my nephew, and it was very very good. I definitely recommend it. At first I was worried that it was going to be a bit too preachy like Happy Feet, but I was pleasantly surprised and even teared up a few times.

Tomorrow morning I check into the hospital to have my gallbladder removed, and while I'm a bit nervous, I'm glad the whole thing is soon to be finished. So, until sometime after the surgery, I bid you happy blogging and I'll see you on the flipside!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->