about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
7.28.2008,7/28/2008 09:10:00 PM
Bobby Brady Lives on my Block
Most of the people who live on our street are older than we are. Our neighbor on the left is the oldest person in the neighborhood, at 91, and is quite proud of that. The neighbors on our right are a retired couple whose kids and grandkids live nearby. When we moved in a year and a half ago, DH was unpacking in the front room and he said that a gaggle of pre-middle school kids kept running by our house, stopping short of ringing the doorbell and asking if any kids lived here and wanted to come out to play.

When we lived in Frisco, the area was literally teeming with babies. It was baby this, baby that, oh look at my baby, I have a baby, and pretty much wherever we went we saw families lugging small children around in Baby Bjorns and Peg Perego strollers. Which was totally cool with us, but moving to Allen has thrown us into dealing with a whole new age group of children.

The teenager.

For example, the past few nights I've been serenaded by the sweet, sweet sounds of a drum kit being hit with full force by, most likely, a teenage boy with dreams of traveling all over the world, being a rockstar flocked by groupies. (I wonder, do drummers these days still twirl the drumsticks in their fingers like all the hair metal guys did in the '80s? Probably not - wow, Bdogg, you are really showing your age now!) I have to say, it isn't that bad, and I was never coordinated enough to hit a bass drum with my right foot and hit a snare drum with my left hand while tinging the cymbal with my right hand, but come on! Just because you're on summer vacation and can stay up all hours of the night does not mean that the rest of the neighborhood should be subjected to killer beats when they have to go to work the next day. Why don't you try to wake up early, say 10 am or so, and practice then? The majority of the neighborhood would most likely be at work during that time. Oh my gosh, will you listen to me? When did I become old? Next thing you know I'll be going to Denny's for the 4:30 dinner special.

Bobby Brady doesn't have anything on the hot tub banger, though. Remember that classic?

Ear plugs, I love you.
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->