about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
7.23.2008,7/23/2008 08:18:00 PM
Riddled with Bullets
  • --On Sunday, DH and I went to our favorite place, Studio Movie Grill, to see The Dark Knight. It was all-you-can-eat pizza night, so DH and I ate pizzas and drank sodas and watched the movie. The thing about the pizza is, they bring you a full-sized pizza the first time around, and if you order another one, it's half the size of the first one. That's okay with me, though. I thought the movie was really really really good. There were several times that I sat there, slack-jawed, and looked over at DH who had the same expression. Heath Ledger was amazing as The Joker, and of course, Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors. After the movie, DH and I were mostly quiet on the way home, just processing it all.
  • --Yesterday I was coming back from the sandwich shop near work, and as a cop drove by on the other side of the street, I watched as a man in a pickup truck pulled right out in front of me to turn left and stopped in the median area, the back of his pickup taking up my entire lane. So, I laid on the horn and kept my hand there until he finally moved, and when he was pulling away from me the bastard moved his hand in a "yap yap yap" motion at me. So I gave him the finger.
  • --It is hot as blazes here. Yesterday the high was 103, but today it actually cooled off a bit. The high is 98! I should have worn a sweater. But it is kinda sad that my office gets so cold in the summertime that I welcome going outside just to warm up...
  • --Menchi and Kino are pretty smart kitties. I think one of the reasons he is such a butthead is because he gets bored easily. So one day I was watching Housecat Housecall on Animal Planet and the vet suggested giving the cats toys that made them work for things to occupy their time and engage their mind, and showed a clip of a cat batting around a Kong filled with kitty treats and eating the treats contained within, as its reward. So last weekend, DH and I went to Petco and bought a Kong, brought it home and promptly filled it with treats. The cats looked at us like we were crazy, so we just left it on the floor and DH went to work out. About ten minutes after DH left I went into the kitchen and saw Menchi batting the Kong around and eating the treats that came out. I got so excited that I called DH and told him about Menchi's super intelligence. She hasn't done it since, though, so maybe it was a fluke.
  • --I'm in a big rut with my job. I mean, I've been doing the same thing, essentially, for nearly 10 years, and I'm tired of sitting at a desk all day. So, I figured, why not try something new? So I'm selling Avon. Not full-time, of course, not yet, but it's something I really want to try to do. I'm not allowed to advertise my website link on my blog though (boo,) but if you want to buy stuff from me, e-mail me and I'd be glad to help you out.
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->