about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
7.05.2008,7/05/2008 09:33:00 PM
Up and at 'em...sort of
Well, folks, I survived my gallbladder removal. So far, I've been feeling pretty well, considering, but I've been trying to take it easy. Wednesday morning I checked into the hospital and got the IV and all that great stuff, and met with my surgeon and anesthesiologist (both very wonderful people,) and was wheeled into the operating room. The anesthesiologist and I were talking about different types of music we liked, and they were piling warm blankets on top of me, and the last thing I remember was the gas mask being put over my nose.

I woke up in recovery, having a very difficult time breathing, and every once in a while the oxygen machine would beep at me, reminding me to breathe since the anesthesia relaxed my respiratory system so much. Luckily, though, I wasn't nauseous or anything, but I was in quite a bit of pain, so they kept giving me painkillers.

According to the surgeon, my body had started attacking my gallbladder, and was in the process of walling it off by growing fat and tissue around the offending organ. She took a picture of it, and I have to say it was a very interesting sight. So it was a good thing that they took it out, since my body would have eventually killed the gallbladder anyway and kept causing me pain.

The past few days have been spent with me on the couch, my Mom taking care of me and she & my Dad pretty much doing all the housework, bless them. They left yesterday afternoon, and DH has taken really good care of me, too, bringing me drinks and snacks and ice packs for my tummy. I have three incisions on the right side of my abdomen, and one in my belly button, which are held together with super glue-like stuff. Kinda disconcerting to look at, but so far everything seems to be holding together all right. :)

Just wanted to let everyone know that the surgery went well. Sitting up can be a bit uncomfortable, so I'm going to go recline as much as possible until I have to sit up all day back at work on Monday!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->