about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
8.19.2008,8/19/2008 08:16:00 PM
Finally!!
Okay, it's really sad when you haven't posted in so long the Blogger dashboard has changed in your absence, and it threw you for a loop for a second.

As little as I post, you'd think I'd pack it in already, but, as few posts that come out of here now, I still love blogging and hope that someday, relatively soon, I will regain my mojo. :)

Anyway, I wanted to share with the few who are still readers a little bit of what happened last week. A couple of you have already heard this, but it's a good story and needs to be told again.

In April of 2007, some of you may remember that I was in a car accident, where I was rear-ended while going to work and the person who hit me fled the scene, and they caught her, the Little Bitch (from now on referred to as LB) had no remorse, yadda yadda yadda. I was in physical therapy for five months and still, almost a year and a half later, suffer from pain on my right side, from my neck all the way down my leg. I'd originally thought I was going to let the insurance company take care of me, but several months of physical therapy coming out of my own pocket and hearing some horror stories about insurance companies wanting to take care of their bottom line before they took care of you made me decide to hire an attorney, who would be on my side.

An MRI and X-rays showed that I had an injury to my leg as well as two bulging discs in my neck, and my attorney presented the facts and demanded a certain amount as a settlement based on my injuries, to which LB's insurance company essentially gave us the finger and counteroffered $1700, about a tenth of what my medical bills ended up being. They said that since there was minor damage to my car that I couldn't possibly be as hurt as I said I was, and that I was pretty much faking. Lovely, huh? I guess I paid the MRI technician to switch my results with someone else who had the bulging discs.

In March I gave a deposition, as did LB and her father, since LB is still on his insurance, and found out while reading her deposition that after she rear ended me and left she went home and tried to lie about the accident to her dad, who called her on it and she admitted the truth. But the kicker is that about six months before my accident, she was in a wreck that was her fault, and four months after she rear ended me she was in ANOTHER rear end collision, her fault, of course, and she totaled her car. And you know how her parents "punished" her for that? They bought her a new car!

You'd think that after hearing all this evidence that my case was pretty much watertight, but no, this crap dragged on for yet another five months until last Wednesday, when, in an attempt to keep this from going to trial, we all met up for mediation.

So, last Wednesday morning I showed up at this gorgeous little office in Uptown Dallas, wearing a suit and looking very professional. I was incredibly nervous because LB and her dad were going to be there too, and I just didn't feel like facing them, but I did, and guess what she came dressed in?

Bitch was wearing jeans! JEANS! I mean, come on...my attorney got a kick out of me being so outraged at that, but it just goes to show you what kind of person LB is that she doesn't know that there are times you need to look professional.

So we had our General Session, where the two parties meet in a room with the mediator and the attorneys present their sides of the case. My attorney said that it's an open and shut thing, and if it goes before a jury the defense is screwed and I'll be awarded all these damages, while the other side says I'm faking and the jury would see that and laugh in my face, and then we all adjourned to different rooms, after which the mediator would try to facilitate negotiations for a settlement. My attorney was trying to go for LB's policy limit or as close to it as possible.

While we were waiting for the mediator to come back to us, my attorney says to me, "My paralegal was doing some research on LB, and look what she found."

And my attorney pulled out LB's Facebook profile. And after reading what she wrote, our case started looking better and better.

That's all I'm going to post tonight! Tune in next time for another gripping installment! :)
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->