Holy crap, y'all. This new bed of ours is AWESOME. Our mattress, which is one of those memory foam ones (not a Tempurpedic, but a lesser-priced brand, because $4,000 for a mattress was quite out of our budget,) was a bit unforgiving the first couple of nights, because any of you who have used a memory foam pillow knows that they're quite firm, but after a night or two, it begins conforming to your body. DH and I both woke up with lower-back pain the first two nights, but last night...OH MY GOD. Our bodies just needed to get used to it.
I went to bed around 1 am, and as soon as the light went out, I was pretty much out as well. Fast forward to 8 am, when I literally bounded out of bed, probably the most rested I've been in, well, ever. I was bouncing around the house, marveling at the fact that my back didn't hurt, my shoulder (which has been keeping me up at night more often than not) didn't hurt, and I felt terrific. Woke DH up at 10 and we went to the coffee shop for some caffeine, and caught up on some of our TV shows. Later, I went back to the bedroom to spend some time with Joey (who is now a fan of the bed too,) and the bed sucked me in again, and I ended up snoozing for about another hour. Ah, bliss. I never knew you 'til now.
And, without further ado, the real reason for this post - a meme snagged from Poppy.
1. Who was the last person of the opposite sex you lay in a bed with?
2. Where was the last place you went out to eat?
The food court at the mall. Yeah, pedestrian, I know, but I wanted to do some shopping last night! I ended up with an awesome fruit cup and 4 chicken nuggets from Chik-fil-A.
3. What was the last alcoholic beverage you consumed?
I think it was a Blue Moon with my sister nearly a month ago. What's up with that???
4. Which do you prefer - eyes or lips?
Must I choose? I don't want to - I like both!
5. Medicine, fine arts, or law?
6. Best kind of pizza?
My favorite pizzas are taco pizza and Canadian bacon with pineapple and jalapeno. MMM!
7. Is your bedroom window open?
Are you crazy? I'd lose at least two cats if that were to happen.
8. What is in store for your future?
That remains unclear, but I know I'll be sleeping really well!
9. Who was the last band you saw live?
Oh man, it was either Nine Inch Nails or Coldplay. I totally can't remember.
10. Do you take care of your friends while they are sick?
Seeing I have no friends here, no. I would if I did, though. DH is rarely, if ever, sick (KNOCK ON WOOD) - he is the one taking care of me most times.
11. What is your favorite soda?
Coke Zero or Diet 7Up.
12. How many songs are on your iTunes?
1999 - but a lot of those are audiobook tracks, so I don't think that counts.
13. When was the last time you purchased something over 100 dollars?
The bedroom set last weekend. WAY over 100 dollars.
14. Where is the last place you drove to?
Work yesterday. DH has driven ever since.
15. Are you experienced?
At what? I have experience in a lot of different things. You need to be more specific!
16. Any historical figures that you envy?
Um, I like reading about historical figures, especially from medieval times, but I don't think I envy them. Living conditions, even for the higher classes, kinda sucked. I like my air conditioning and lack of vermin. And indoor plumbing. Never take me camping.
17. What brand of digital camera do you own?
A Canon PowerShot A640.
18. When was the last time you got a good workout?
Went to the gym on Thursday. Might go again today when DH gets back.
19. If you need a new pair of jeans, which store do you go to first?
20. Where did your last kiss take place?
I think in the bedroom (get your minds out of the gutter!) when DH came in during my naptime.
21. What were you doing at 11:59 PM on Monday night?
Sleeping. I'm an old lady.
22. Are you a quitter?
Not usually. I don't think. Do I do things half-ass? All the time. But quit outright? Hmm...
23. Who was the last person you had in your house?
The furniture people.
24. Can you speak another language?
25. How about you put your legs behind your head?
26. When was the last time you went dancing while under the influence?
Nine years ago. Numbers. Vodka sours & Mini Thins. Wow....that was a different lifetime.
B, Bdogg, Hon, Baby Doll (my Mom calls me that)
28. Describe what you are wearing in detail.
Glasses, knit crop pants, top, undergarments.
29. What do you think about people who party a lot?
Hey, more power to you! Just drink lots of water and remember to moisturize!
30. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
It depends on who I'm talking with. With my co-workers? Oh hell yeah. Friends and/or husband? Nope.
31. Are you one of those people who obsesses over Hollister?
I've never even set foot in a Hollister. Are they like Abercrombie?
32. What was the last CD you purchased?
I bought Coldplay's new album via iTunes
33. What are two bands or singers that you will always love?
Nine Inch Nails and (don't ridicule me!) N'Sync. I know! Total extremes! But I came of age listening to NIN and my sister and I had good times together listening to N'Sync. So the last one is more sentimental than anything.
34. Which of the seven deadly sins are you guilty of?
Probably all of them. Sloth & Gluttony among the most frequent.
35. Did you just have to Google the seven deadly sins to see what they were?
No, but it took me a while to think of them.
36. Where is your favorite place to get coffee?
I only drink coffee about once a week, and it's usually Starbucks b/c it's convenient to my house.
37. Have you ever been offered a job?
Without applying for one? Yep. Biggest mistake of my life.
38. Have you ever stolen anything off a road?
39. When was the last time you dyed your hair?
Three months ago. I need to have it done again.
40. Whom was the last person you rode in a car with?
41. Have you kissed somebody in the last 2 weeks?
Besides my husband? No.
42. Miss someone?
I miss lots of people.
43. How is your last ex doing?
Pretty good, I think.
44. Is there someone you want to fight?
Not really. But I could if I needed to.