about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
9.23.2008,9/23/2008 07:00:00 PM
A Momentous Occasion
This weekend was a rather grand occasion for our household.  Why, you ask?  

Because we got new bedroom furniture, that's why!!!!  What spurred us on was the fact that I've been sleeping on the couch more often than not because our mattress totally crapped out on us and my back and shoulder just couldn't take it. 

You know, it was pretty hard to find the perfect bedroom group - we've been looking for over a year to find something that was just right.  Since I'm pretty much the chief decorator in the house, I had a vision of what our bedroom should look like - dark wood, headboard but no footboard, clean lines. It always felt like everything we looked at was lacking a certain something, but I knew I would know the right one when I saw it.

I perused the Rooms to Go website Saturday night and found "the one," and we headed over on Sunday and bought it--DH stayed home today while it was delivered.  We got a new mattress, too, (a king!) which, incidentally, cost more than the entire bedroom group, but it is heaven to lie on.......

Here it is!

Three out of four kitties give the new bed two paws up!

Joey is still a little wary of the new bed - but he sure likes this box.

My nightstand - already on its way to being cluttered in typical Bdogg fashion, but I like to think of it more as "making it homey."

And last, the new dresser--with Menchi looking a little scary.

All that is left to do now is to paint the room, so sometime next year I'll probably be posting pictures of the painted room.

posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->