about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
10.13.2008,10/13/2008 10:22:00 PM
Holy Crap, Why do I do this?
I got nothing. Well, almost nothing, anyway.

Since we moved in our house, every once in awhile I'd notice some dirt stuff coming in from under the baseboards in our master bathroom. Thinking it was just dirt from outside, I'd sweep it up and not give it another thought.

Last Sunday, we noticed the ant bed near our a/c unit hadn't gone away when we treated it previously, so DH hit it with some more bait. That night, I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth and was confronted with an ANT BED NEXT TO OUR SHOWER. I ran out of the bathroom, grabbed the Dyson, and vacuumed those little suckers right up. That Englishman was right when he said it never loses suction!

Turns out we have an infestation. Of carpenter ants. In the siding outside our master bathroom. Totally disgusting. My skin is itching as I type this.

DH's friend's dad knows all about insects and how to get rid of them, so he's rounding up some bait for us. As soon as we eradicate the bastards we'll be able to see just how much damage they've done to our walls.

Looks like we might be remodeling our bathroom sooner than we thought! I really have the urge to just rip all the crap out and start from scratch........
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->