about
Name: bdogg_mcgee

From: Big D, Texas, United States

About me: The observations and musings of a transplanted Houstonian, married to the love of my life and living on the plains of North Texas.

More..
These Are the Days of Our Lives
The Blogroll

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Shout Out
100 Things!
See More of Me
I Like Presents
Goings On
Nothing's going on. My life is BORING!
Old Stuff, Boring Really
Credits
Layout design by: Pannasmontata
1.27.2009,1/27/2009 08:06:00 PM
More New York Stories
So, the last time I recounted our New York trip, we had just gotten to the apartment after a hellacious time trying to get the car service to pick us up from the airport.

The apartment was okay - definitely not what we'd been led to believe from the photos. In fact, what we got was completely different than what was advertised. But, it was four walls, and we were in NEW YORK, so I rolled with it. And really, it was just the right size for us, and it was cheaper than a hotel room.

The next day, after getting a relatively late start (due to there being no light coming in through our bedroom window, we woke up at 11am that first day,) we hopped a bus uptown to the Museum of Natural History, where I stepped off the curb to cross the street and went into a slushy puddle right up to my ankle.

After cussing a little (well, okay, a lot, look who's writing this,) we walked into the museum. Luckily, my puddle jump wasn't as bad as it could have been since I was wearing waterproof boots, so my feet didn't freeze or anything. But, I think that kind of colored my view of the museum for me, because it just wasn't as cool as I remembered it. Although, the origami tree was pretty....

So, what does a girl do to cheer up after a day of so-so museum viewing?

She goes shopping!

The first place we hit was Nintendo World, because I had been looking for a particular DS game before our trip and it was nowhere to be found in Dallas, and DH bought a game too. Then, as we were wandering around Rockefeller Center, we happened upon this really cool Japanese bakery, and we bought a ton of little pastries and such.


Among the Christmas tree lights and hustle and bustle of the shops, I promptly forgot about stepping in that nasty puddle.
Of course, later that evening, just as we turned onto our block, I slipped on a patch of ice and ended up with two huge bruises on my knees, but that's okay. :)

In addition to the Nintendo store, we shopped at the Sephora in SoHo, the Macy's on 34th street where DH and I both bought pairs of shoes, and, of course, no trip to New York would be complete without a stop at Tiffany's.

Next up: the food!!!
posted by bdogg_mcgee
Permalink |
-->